Chocolate and marshmallow may get the spotlight on Easter Day, but there’s nothing we love more than serving a beautiful brunch for friends and family. To that end, we’ve curated a mouthwatering Easter menu for you and yours. Equal parts sweet and savoury, this bill of fare includes some of our favourite brunch go-tos, sweet drinks (virgin and alcoholic), and delicious desserts for the perfect finishing touch!
Smoked Salmon & Ricotta Crostini (Yields 20 pieces)
- 1 baguette, sliced 1/4 inch thick (you’ll need 20 slices)
- 10 slices smoked salmon, each halved
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (about 3 lemons)
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 tablespoon dill, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil, finely chopped olive oil salt and pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 400 F for the crostini, and while you’re waiting, mix together the lemon zest, herbs, and ricotta. Add a little salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
2. Drizzle the bread with olive oil and place slices on a baking sheet.
3. Bake for 10 minutes, flip each piece of bread, and bake for another 5 minutes or until the bread is crisp and toasted.
4. Spread the herbed ricotta on the crostini, top with a half slice of smoked salmon, and drizzle with olive oil or garnish with a sprig of dill.
Blueberry Buttermilk Cake
Made with a hybrid of muffin batter and pancake batter, this cake is soft, moist, incredibly easy to make, and a great option for a crowd. Find the recipe here!
Non-Alcoholic Cucumber Lemonade
There’s nothing quite as refreshing as, and this fresh, tasty twist offers a little more flavour — though it’s still super simple to make! Recipe here!
A mimosa bar with fresh squeezed-juices and fruit for muddling is a fun and interactive addition to brunch that you can simply set and forget.
Cadbury Creme Egg Brownies
It wouldn’t be Easter without Cadbury Creme Eggs, but this indulgent and impressive recipe takes the holiday favourite to the next level. Find the recipe here!
Immortalise the pastel Easter candies that line the shelves of your grocery store in these adorable no-bake bird nest’s, made with chocolate, peanut butter, and chow mein noodles! Find the recipe here!
From the team at Societe Magazine, we hope you have a wonderful long Easter weekend!