One headline catching article that went viral this week was titled ‘Young People, If You Want A House Stop Buying Avocado Toast’. Could our avocado toast habit really be holding us back from reaching our financial goals? If there’s one thing I’m doing at any given moment, it’s spending money (likely without even noticing).
Of course, this sort of mindless spending isn’t unique to just ‘young people’; the desire to spend is present no matter what your age. If you’ve found yourself staring at your bank statement in disbelief more times than you’d like to admit, consider the following mindless money-wasters:
- In-app purchases
- Buying water bottles instead of using a refillable one
- Unused subscriptions
- Your morning coffee
- Buying name-brand everything
- Getting credit cards with high interest rates
- Keeping your cable TV when you already pay for Netflix
- Forgetting to turn off your lights
- Not adjusting your thermostat settings
- Going out to eat multiple times a week
What money-wasters would you add to this list? Share your opinion in the comments below!
PHOTO CREDIT: @eggcanvas